Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's a BOY!! And his name is....

ICE CREAM....


well according to Ayden is should be.

This post is a bit out of order, but I wanted to get this down before I forgot.  I will soon be posting about the fabulous 'finding out party' we had two weeks ago with 50 friends and family that just warms my heart to talk about.  But not on this post....

The day after we found out it was a boy, I went into Tessa Panic mode because I was adamant about finding a name that we loved as much as Ayden William Riley.  When Ayden was born there was no question about what to name him.  We knew I think before we were even pregnant.  The girls name didn't come as easily, but we had one we liked.

This time around I really have to admit I thought it was a girl through and through.  Which just happened to be perfect because I had fallin' in love with a girl name (Quinn Camille Riley) and didn't even have a list for a boy.

Low and behold...it's a BOY!

So yes, back to the day after the party.  Despite all the (wonderful) advise that I had plenty of time to figure it out....it didn't feel right to me.  I knew it was a boy...I wanted a name.  A great name. A name that had all the flow, eloquence and meaning as Ayden's.

So I began to bounce some names off a few select folks...one of whom was my adorable son Ayden.  When I asked Ayden what his little brother should be named...he didn't hesitate..."Ice Cream".  This was two weeks ago.  Without fail, any time you ask him or even talk about 'little brother', Ayden says 'ice cream'.

While we won't be naming our next child ice cream, you can be rest assured we have found a name that we love and hope all of you will as well.....

You're just going to have to wait a few months =)

3 comments:

Dinnyin said...

Quinn's a boys name

Kendra Forgacs said...

I can't wait!!!
But I understand why you aren't sharing. When we told people Shyla's name we had people (even close family) react negatively to it!
Well then, I'll just call him Ice Cream.

Jacqueline DeBussey said...

what's wrong with ice cream? its a first and middle name, there will be NO ONE else in his class with that name, and everyone will scream for him! I'm with ayden, his name should be ice cream!

Post a Comment