Monday, November 8, 2010

How to start a rumor 101...

At about 7:30pm....when all is quiet in the neighborhood and there is not a light in sight, you (very pregnant dressed in black) and your husband (white shirt, jeans and flip flops) head out to your front yard and start digging....armed only with a shovel and a hand powered (yes that means turn the crank every 30 seconds so it doesn't go out) flash light.

After about an hour, a neighbor drove by and J and I turned to each other and said...this is how rumors begin

I envision a scene from Desperate Housewives.

No, there was no shifty business going on....just your typical water pipe leak......again!!

We (and by we I mean J, while I diligently cranked the flash light and offered what I'm suuuure was very helpful advise) dug for two hours.  A few blisters and lots of mud later we successfully located the leak.

Status:
The house is without water, I hoped on a flight at 9am this morning, and J is left equipped with work gloves, a shovel and thankfully Gilbert's help.

J and I aspire to one day be Do It Yourself -ers....is today the day???





1 comments:

Dinnyin said...

new leak or the fix applied last time failed?

Post a Comment