Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You Amaze me

Dear Ayden,

You are just one week shy of 18mos and I have to tell you, you simply amaze me.  Every moment I spend with you I am in aww. In aww at your compassion, at your comprehension, at your communication, at the way you view the world, at your focus. and always at your cuteness.

In the past two months you have learned and mastered so much, I often wonder how your dad and I will ever keep up!

You know all your colors (but for some reason refuse to actually say 'orange').  In fact you are so tuned into colors, it is sometimes hard to get you to see past the color of something to the actual object!

You are now able to place all the different shaped blocks into their correct places on the box without prompting.  Sometimes while watching you I picture you are in a chess match and should quickly tap the clock when your done.  You are so efficient!

You not only understand the word No, but use it correctly and in fact listen when we ask you not to do something.  A trait I pray won't change, but suspect it most definitely will.

Your memory simply flabbergasts me. I don't know what else to say here besides it looks like I may finally have some serious competition in the Memory card  game =)

You know your animal sounds and one day soon I will catch you on tape doing a monkey cause that cuteness must be memorialized.

You understand the concept of mine and yours. I'm sure this will soon become just mine...but at least I can find comfort in the idea that you once understood and hopefully will again soon.

You kick the soccerball around.  And I mean actually kick it! It is hard to get kids 4 times your age to stop using their hands!

You LOVE to read books, both to yourself and with someone.

You thrive on playing with mom and dad, yet also enjoy playing by yourself.

You are grasping shapes.  You can identify a circle, triangle and star.

You ask to watch soccer. (Enough said)

This short note (and really this entire blog) serves a couple purposes.  One, when you are no longer 18mos, but a trying 18 year old, I can look back and remember the little milestones that made every day with you amazing - as a reminder to myself to never take you for granted and embrace you for who you are. 

Two, when you find yourself wondering (and trust me despite our best efforts, it will happen often) why we are are so worried, or overly encouraging, or protective, or any other one of a litany of offenses I'm sure, like all parents, we will commit, you can read this and get a small glimpse at who you are through our eyes.  No matter how old you get I have no doubt I will always see you as my little boy.

I love you bunches!
Ma-Ma

0 comments:

Post a Comment