Thursday, October 13, 2011

Define: Cute


Enough said.


____ _____ ______ ______ _____ 

This picture was taken last weekend. The adorable little blond is Taylor. Earlier that morning, Taylor's mom, Candice, and I ran a half-marathon here in town. Candice had signed up a while ago with Stacy, but Stacy ended up out of town. So....she was kind enough to offer me her bib.  While I was really not prepared to run a 1/2 marathon (that included a stint up and down A-mountain), the morning was perfect, and I was able to do it with a truly wonderful friend (who I place all blame on for my aching quads!).

After the race, we met the boys at the park with our kids, some grandparents and even a great grandparent. Another close friend, Kendra (aka Shyla's mom), and her family joined us.  Kendra also participated in the 5K race that morning fresh off her second child (Harper)  =).

It is mornings like this that make me sit back and count my blessings. To have the family I do, the friends I do, (especially all the friends that have kids around my childrens' age and also enjoy running!!), and to live where we can run a 1/2 marathon in the morning and spend some quality time at the park in the afternoon, all under a beautiful sunny blue sky.

I feel there are many more weekend mornings like this in our future.

1 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

Love it! Well said!

Post a Comment