Saturday, October 22, 2011

One big big boy.....

[I should have taken a picture, but I was too shocked and darn is was early!]

Imagine this...

I wake up around 445am to run.  After dressing in the nice brisk morning  air (and dark) I open our door to head down the hall.  I see that across the hall, Ayden's door is wide open. Immediatly I think...oh great, he is up and wandering around! Then I realize I can hear his deep breathing coming from the bed...I also notice that the bathroom light is on in his bathroom. So, I set my stuff down and walk in. As I get closer to the bed I see my little boy sound asleep....with no pants on! So, I look down and see his pj pants on the ground in a ball...I follow the trail into the bathroom and see his night time diaper on the floor next to an open Potty with pee-pee in it.

Wow....I was astonished. We have never ever spoken with him about going Potty at night or learning to wake up when you feel it.

Without waking him I covered him up, turned off the light and closed the door.

I was (am) one proud mama.

The icing on the cake......

When I came home from my run, I asked Ayden whether he got up in the night to go Potty.  He explained that he got up and went into mommy-daddy's room and saw that we were sleeping, so just went by himself.

The way he said it was so matter of fact.....of course he wouldn't want to wake us....so he just went himself.

What is even more amazing is that until yesterday, he always needed us to help him get on the Potty etc...  And never once has he come in at night and asked to go....

But, I guess now he just gets up and goes on his own....who woulda thought it!

Now, if we could work on getting the pants back on before he hops back in bed.......

1 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Yay Ayden! I'm just starting true potty training with Zac. I think I may need some pointers.

Post a Comment