Thursday, December 8, 2011

Notice to Readers

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that someone out there takes interest in my random mommy, wife, woman, daughter, babblings, and in the two little lights of my life (which lets be honest is really the reason you tune in)..... and for that, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

If you are like me, you probably cannot believe that we are just weeks away from ringing in another new year.  With this new year will come some slight changes to my blog (really only for the handful of you who got the automatic emails of my posts), but also a request from me to all of you.

While I don't know that I have spelled this out in any post in detail, the top most reason for creating this blog, and for trying (desperately and sometimes hopelessly) to diligently keep it up, is to have a keepsake and memoir for each of my kids of their childhood (and in close second, for myself when I have a house full of teenagers and I am trying to remember the toothless smile that could stop my heart on the spot).  To this end, you all play a VERY (let me say it again.....VERY) important role in that dream/desire/goal.  Whether you live near or far, you are important people in my and my family's life and I would like to better capture your presence in my blog.  

As you may or may not know, each post has a 'Comments' area at the bottom where you may share thoughts on the post, insights into a situation, or simply 'ooooo' and 'aaaaa' at the pictures and videos.  While I am not advocating for anyone to comment if they do not wish to, I am respectfully requesting that those who usually send me a loving and delightful email 'comment', take the extra step to do so in the comments section rather than to me via email.  There is a very specific reason to my request.  When I am through with this blog some (long) time down the road, I intend to have it printed and bound (yes, there are companies that do this). That book would not be compete without your input. As I said, you all play an important role in our lives, and though it may only be a "Cute Pic!", it still will forever be memorialized in the memoir, and to me (and one day the boys), that is important.

Thank you again for taking time out of your busy lives to read about ours.  We love you all very very much. I hope if nothing else, the gratitude I feel for having friends and family like you is tangible from my posts. 


One of the favorite sayings in the Riley house.....

Life is Good!

1 comments:

Dinnyin said...

OOOOO

Post a Comment