Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sleep Over

Almost for mere record keeping sake I need to make this post before I forget.

Three weeks ago Saturday, Ayden had his first sleep over. It was ad hoc at Tata's house where the Montijo kids were staying the night. He was having so much fun with with the cousins he didn't want to go home, and let me tell you there wasn't the slightest hesitation when I explained that we were going to go and he would be there all night without us.....nope, no hesitation, no second thought.....simply a 'yea, ok bye-bye!!'

Can I say that I'm surprised? No, not really. This kid is Mr. independent. Always has been.

The sleep over went great.....until mommy came and he had to go home.

Were Gavin able to communicate better I have no doubt he would have stayed too. He was all cozied in with the big kids and ready to call it a night. Oh these boys....maybe I do need a little girl who might  show the slightest attachment to their momma :)

My Takeaway:

Despite the mommy desire for my kids to 'need' me, I am amazed and proud that they are confident and social; skills many kids struggle to learn.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This cracks me up, knowing how attached Taylor is to me and I know you've witnessed it! I wonder if it really is partly a gender thing? She's yours anytime you want her!

Post a Comment