Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Play-Dates

This past week/weekend, Ayden has had a few play-dates with his new friend Eli.

First, the nannies arranged for a rendezvous at the Children's Museum.




Then, on Saturday, I dropped Ayden off at Eli's house for his first 'no-mommy play-date'. It was awesome. Perhaps I should be saying that I had this sadness of a new phase and having to let him go and and be on his own, but I didn't. He has been ready for this phase for so long, but no one to explore it with. I'm not sure my foot was through the door before he ran off with Eli and I didn't see him again for over three hours. He had never been to Eli's house and though we have known Eli's parents since before the boys were born, we just recently got in touch again and discovered not only that the kids go to the same school, but that they play wonderfully together. So, Ayden played, and mommy went to work without the guilty conscious of leaving the boys at home for Jeremy to handle. It was a win-win.

Here are some pictures that Sivan shared with me throughout the afternoon. Looks like the kids had a fabulous time.




And to top it off....despite the excitement, the later than normal time, and a cookie after lunch, Ayden made not the slightest fuss about going home and then took a great nap!! Success!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment