Tuesday, January 15, 2013

James and the Giant Peach

I am so proud of Ayden. 

Tonight, we finished his very first chapter book, James and the Giant Peach. In fact, before we sat down to read, he pulled out the BFG, looked at the binding on the book and said, "I want to read the one about the Giant next". I inquired as to how he knew it was about a giant. He said that he saw the large person on the side of the book. [Duh!]

And so, we sat down, finished off James and the Giant Peach and started the BFG. I am thoroughly enjoying this time together. I am also amazed that Ayden will sit and listen to these stories (with very few pictures) and go night to night waiting to hear what happens next. When asked about the story, he is able to remember what happened and asks thoughtful questions. I know this is only the beginning of the adventure with Ayden. I am tingling with anticipation of all the thrilling and wonderful stories out there to be read and re-read.

Oh how I love new phases!

1 comments:

Dinnyin said...

That's funny, Zane and I will be finishing JATGP tonight or tomorrow too

Post a Comment