Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Madison "Madi" Camille

I spoke in my last blog about the female linage of which I am a part and of which my daughter will be the newest addition. The name we chose for our little one honors this lineage. Camille is my and my mom's middle name and my great grandmother's first name.

Though she is not in my direct lineage, there is another woman who has greatly impacted and influenced me though out my life; my aunt Tata (aka Madeleine or Mad).

Tata and I have always had a special relationship. I think at first because she was not only my doting aunt, but the mother of my nearest and dearest cousin and friend Scottie. I have spoken about Scott before and how he has been my best friend since he was born; how we have been through ups and downs together and how through it all including marriage and family life he does and will always hold this place in my heart and sole that no one else could fill.

As I grew from child to adult, Tata was always a presence in my life, whether I lived near or far. I feel most prominently her role as confidant and support during my parents' divorce forever changed me. Now that we live in the same city again (down the street from each other in fact) having her involved in not only my day-to-day life but my children's, is a blessing.

Tata is a smart, strong sensitive woman. She is empathetic and giving to a fault. I have watched her tackle many obstacles and admire how she grows, adapts and constantly looks for self improvement. I find often that I relate closely with her and have so many of the same tendencies, emotions, and views its scary!

So, in honor of Tata, we chose the name of Madison aka "Madi" for our daughter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment