Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Note To My Gavin

Gavin,

Whether I want to admit it or not, you, my little red, are TWO. You have enchanted my life for two whole years. With each passing day my love, adoration, admiration, and infatuation has exponentially grown. Since the moment I held you in my arms, two years ago...I knew you had the soul and wisdom of an astute old man - more specifically, I could sense my Grandpere in your eyes and your incredibly contagious smile.

Today you are no different. You have a calm about you that settles my soul; you are laid back, yet independent; you are opinionated, yet compromising; you read quietly for hours, yet have more 'boy' energy than one could attempt to contain.

As you begin the third year of your life you continue to be obsessed with Whale Sharks and Coral Snakes. You have followed Ayden's lead and jumped head first into the land of Superheros. You role-play with Ayden and Daddy and spend hours at the activity table engaged in imaginative play with our superhero action figures. You read for hours a day with us all. You go to bed each night with a book under your arm and wake up each morning and read out loud to yourself (in the dark).

Most of all, you adore and love your big brother and he loves you.

Never lose your mischievous streak and heartfelt laughter.

Love,
Your Mum-Mum

0 comments:

Post a Comment