Sunday, July 7, 2013

Two down, One to go!

That's right folks....we are officially down to one child in diapers. I know I brag about my kids a lot (I mean why else does anyone have a mommy blog!), but seriously, sometimes these children just blow my mind.

Shortly after Madi was born, Gavin decided one day (on his own...or perhaps with some persuasion from big brother), that he wanted to use the potty. Taking a page from Ayden's book, Gavin has never looked back. Now, don't get me wrong, there are still some battles over taking time out from playing to go potty, but having just returned from a road trip to San Diego with ZERO accidents, I feel very confident in saying he is potty trained. While I'd love to take credit...or even pass it along to Sarah, J or Mimi....really, the two who deserve the praise are Gavin and Ayden. Gavin made the decision and Ayden has supported him the whole way. Believe it or not, when they get up in the morning, Ayden assists Gavin in getting his pants down so they can sit on the potty together (oh the things you learn from monitor stalking!). They even have the cutest "Pee Pee on the Potty" dance they perform.

There is nothing like having your 4 year old do your parenting! Thanks Ayden!!

PS - The key to travelling with a potty training child.....bring the potty with you!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment