Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just like his Uncle

Since I can remember my parents, grandparents aunts, and uncles have told us the story about my brother desperately trying to fit himself into a tiny Porsche.  The toy car was unique in that the doors and hood opened just like a real car. As the story goes, Mike walked around the car for what seemed like hours trying to get his foot into the door.

Well, the other day I saw Ayden do a very similar thing.  He has taken to riding things now that his feet finally touch the ground.  Apparently though, size isn't yet a consideration. While in the kitchen, I could hear some light grunting and noises of frustration coming from the hallway where Ayden was playing.  When I peered around the corner I found Ayden diligently trying to ride the back of his toy truck.  Unfortunately, Ayden's right left is larger than the truck itself.  He was persistent for quite some time.  Often times getting quite frustrated with the truck and its lack of carrying ability.  A few days later I found him trying again and was able to catch it on camera.



Assessing the situation...
The 'mount'....notice the form.
  (and Piper trying to help)
 Where did the truck go??


1 comments:

The Yager Family said...

I love this! It's almost a little disheartening when they get to the age where they realize that they have limitations.

Post a Comment