Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I pooped in there!"

So last Monday Ayden flipped the potty training switch.  He decided all on his very own that he now wants to use the potty and since then I can count on one hand the number of wet or poopy diapers he has had (not including nap/night time).  This kid just keeps on amazing me.

But...that is not what this post is about.  This post is about last night and the quite hilarious situation that occured in the shower.

It is now our routine for Ayden to take a shower before bed time.  He simply LOVES LOVES LOVES showers in our shower.  As my mom pointed out we can expect there to be quite a water bill (before you pass out Candice, I have now implemented a timer that makes an Elephant sound when it's over and it is working quite delightfully =) ).  Again I digress...this too is not the point of the post.

So, last night Ayden was finishing up his shower when he was overcome with the need to poop.  I could see it right away in his face but that was already too late.  Next thing I know..."Plop...Plop" there is a pile of poop in my shower.  I think it startled Ayden some as he didn't really know how to react and I thought it was the funniest parent moment of the month.  I was tempted to whip out my camera and capture the moment but figured neither you nor Ayden would actually appreciate that.  In fact I'm sure Ayden won't appreciate this post either way...but such is life =)

After quelling my laughter I assured Ayden it was OK and that it was just an accident and we will try to get to the potty quicker next time. He walks out of the shower, turns to be and says very enthusiastically, "I POOPED IN THERE!".  It was adorable and disgusting all at the same time.  So I did what any mother would, I wrapped him up in his towel and proceeded on with the bedtime routine =)


[Warning....this next moment might be a little TMI, but after some internal deliberations I figured, the point of this blog is not to censure parenthood]

As I said, I carried on with our night getting Ayden to bed and feeding Gavin, when Daddy arrived home.  Of course the first thing I tell him is watch out for the pile of poo in our shower.  Later that night as we are getting ready for bed J peeks into the shower and says, "I don't get it...I don't see the poo."  Next thing you know, Erowyn hops up on the bed and it occurs to us exactly where the poo went....

Awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment