Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Desert museum with Courtney!

Since Ayden could walk I have been dying to take him to the Desert Museum, we just haven't been able to coordinate it with nap times.  Well, this past weekend my friend Courtney was visiting from NY and we decided to give it a go with both boys armed with lots of sunscreen (well not exactly...but thank goodness they were handing it out and it is in all the restrooms), the new double stroller, snacks, cameras and Mimi!


Gavin was the most perfect little man in his stroller the whole time.  So patient, so smiley, so Gavin.

And this big boy was an angel.  Here he is showing us his cool sticker that changes color to tell you when to re-apply sunscreen.


I just get lost in those eyes...

Ayden needed his own map to lead the way.  After lots of coordinating, organizing, and sunscreen slathering, we were on our way!





Here comes Court!!



Ayden was in to EVERYTHING.  Observant, thoughtful, curious.




My little preppy boy.

What a face.  I sense he will be observant and pensive like Ayden.


Angelic.  Sometimes I wonder how he can hold his eyes open with those lashes.






Love this structure.  And my camera...on the rare occasions I break it out.
Mr. Independent.








Huge THANK YOU to my in-laws for helping us buy this awesome double stroller.  A life saver.

He was 'sleeping'.


Rosy cheeks...I have no idea where he gets that from ;)

My most favorite favorite photo.
Someone pinch me...I can't believe he is mine.

























Little Piggies!!

Yup....still RED!!

Humming Birds.  It was here that we hit our breaking point (and by "we" I mean a particular two year old).  And so we hit the road and Ayden took a MUCH needed Nap.




As Jeremy keeps reminding me...I just can't stop talking about this day.  We had a BLAST.  The kiddos were picture perfect.

And I had the company of my good friend Court who, for those who don't know, was my freshman roommate at Cornell and was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and whom I have the honor of being a bridesmaid in her wedding this September. She is one of the most sincere, kindhearted, genuine, down to earth people I know. I can't thank you enough Court for taking the time to come visit and for going with the flow. You were awesome with the kids and it means so much that you came and got a little slice of our chaotic family life =)  You're the best, see you in September!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tess,

Looks like a fun day. Court and I had a great time at the desert museum when we went there when we visited you a few years ago. She had a blast on her trip to visit you. She has us on track to run a 1/2 marathon in August in Maine.
Your kids are very cute! See you in September! Cheers, Jake

Alli Krewson said...

your boys are absolutely beautiful. some of those closeups almost take your breath away - i can see why you want more! :) looks like a fun day! i'm so glad you blog, we love being able to see your boys grow and see what you're up to.

Post a Comment