Friday, March 9, 2012

"It Makes Me NER-Bous"

Me: "Ayden honey, I'm going to have to ask you to stop getting more food and drink out. You have helped enough and we have all we need for dinner. Thank you for your help. We need to find another way for you to help now."

Ayden: "Mommy it makes me feel NER-Bous when you tell me that I can't" (said with a super sad face and puppy dog eyes)

Me: [thinking....is he saying the word nervous???? How did....where did....what!?!??] "Is that word 'Nervous'?"

[I look up and catch J's eye in the background clearly as floored and surprised as I am]

Ayden: "Yes, NER-Bous. When you say No and I want you to say Yes, it makes me feel NER-Bous."

Me: "Do you mean frustrated?"

Ayden: "No, I not frustrated! I feel NER-Bous."

Me: "Are you worried or are you upset?"

Ayden: "I am upset"

Me: "Then I think you are frustrated, not nervous."

Ayden to Daddy: "Daddy I am frustrated when mommy tell me No."


I think my three year old has more self-reflection than most grown men I know :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

omg, hilarious!!! that is the cutest word ever!

Post a Comment