Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ayden turns ONE...

and his mom panics!!

We are parents to a one year old. Wow. Where did the time go? Did I document enough? Can't he slow down! He is perfect right now. Will I be able to remember all the details when he is 10? 20? 30? (thank god for this blog and shutterfly) Did I soak him up enough this past year? I will never get that time back.

Overwhleming.

But.....What is to come? What will come out of his mouth when he starts to talk? Will he play soccer? (well...we all know the answer to that one) or any other sports? Will he continue to enjoy music? and art? What kind of trouble will he find himself in? What will our relationship be like in 15 years?

So many new, exciting, anxious, terrifying, thrilling, proud moments to come. How could I possibly want to keep him at one forever? (well, I don't really. But I can bet there will always be a special part of me that yearns for this little boy I my arms.)

The way I see it, we are ticking up the roller coaster of life right now, strapped in, but with enough wiggle room to make you wonder if you could possibly fall out when you inevitably plummet. The track is invisible - or perhaps being built as you go - either way, you haven't a clue where the twists n' turns, climbs n' drops will come. Little butterflies flutter in your stomach, anxious about the free falls,  but knowing all the while that not only did you line-up for and step onto the ride, but you will enjoy the feeling in your stomach when you suddenly drop and climb and twist and turn; you will remember when you felt out of control and when you gained it back, when the world was upside-down then suddenly came into perspective, when at times you went so fast your surroundings were a blur or when the coaster car slowed enough for you to sit back and enjoy the ride.

So much has happened this past year....with so much more to come.

Oh how I love a good roller coaster ride!!

1 comments:

The Yager Family said...

What a great blog! Congrats and Happy Birthday to Ayden!

Post a Comment