Monday, February 8, 2010

A Birthday in the Music City

Really quite fitting for Ayden's first birthday to fall when he is visiting Grandpa and Trish in the Music City.


It was quite a visit for Ayden.  He got to hangout with Grandpa for two days while I ran back and forth to Louisville for work. He snuggled and napped with Grandpa on the down comforter, chased and ran from Amadeus (HUGE black standard poodle), and discovered the wonder and danger of stairs.

We had our first gut wrenching, stomach turning accident of parenthood. Ayden took a lengthy and noisy roll down Grandpa's hardwood stairs. Though caught mid roll, Ayden's little forehead looked like he had been in a boxing match with Tyson. And those tears and that look of fright brought my stomach to my throat and tears to my eyes.

My practical side said,'these things happen' and 'it won't be the last time he falls hard'.

But my beating heart and racing mind said,'how did this happen', 'where was I' and 'should I be more worried about his head injury'

In the end, we stripped Ayden down, investigated each and every inch of his body (thank goodness my dad is a doc - and a damn good one at that!) and found just the two very prominent knots on his forehead.

Diagnosis is...he'll live to climb another day. Or as Ayden would have had it, an hour later.

Check out the beaten noggin =(

Not 24 hours later, this is what Ayden was up to...


Ahh, stairs. I know how these work.

Look mom, one hand!

Does this kid have trouble written all over him or what??

0 comments:

Post a Comment