Thursday, June 3, 2010

I know he's mine but...

I always wondered if I would have this moment as a mother....more importantly whether I would actually admit I felt this way and blog about it!!!

Well....here I am.....guess we have our answer!!

Since Ayden was born I have quelled the thoughts and feelings that perhaps he is developmentally advanced...I mean every parent feels this way.  How can you not, you simply adore this child and think the world revolves around them (.... your world at least).

I'm here to let the cat out of the bag. I am like every other parent on this earth....I think my kid is amazing =)

So, advanced or not, I'd like to share with you some of the new things Ayden has been learning the past couple months that just blow my mind.

1) Associations.

Ayden has begun to associate things with those people he knows that do them.  For example, when seeing American Idol on the TV he points and says 'Nana' (aka Aunt Jenna who seems to constantly be watching it ;) ).

Or, a coffee cup and plate that J uses or my phone he finds laying around.

My favorite part of this new ability is the fact that we must be super super careful what we do and show Ayden, as he might just call us out on some of our (arguably) unfavorable habits.  Lets do a 'for example' so you know what I'm referring to...

One day I pulled out an ice cream carton from the freezer and Ayden pointed to it and said, 'Dada!'.

Another, just off the top of my head, is Ayden running from his room to ours in the mornings calling 'Dada, Dada' as he runs around to J's side of the bed.  The funny thing about this is that J had actually gotten up with Ayden and I one morning and was in fact standing with me as we watched Ayden go looking for Dada where he has come accustomed to finding him.....still in bed  =)

In all fairness, Ayden also calls out 'Mama' when we open our computer in front of him as he associates the computer with all our videocons while I'm traveling.

Amazing what a 15mo old can teach you about yourself.

2. Sentences...almost.

Ayden has begin to string words together. He has asked me on many occasions, 'where dada?', while throwing his arms into the air, shrugging his shoulders and looking quite puzzled.  He also says, 'Bye bye ____' (fill in the blank with the appropriate person).

3. Puzzles!

Ayden is figuring out puzzles.  The other day I watched as he very purposefully placed all the correct modes of transportation in their corresponding spots. I was in AWWW.  I watched his eyes analyze the piece in his hand, watch as he passed his eyes over the spot options, and finally chose the proper location for placement. I was so proud.




Bottom line....maybe Ayden is advanced, maybe he is not.....OR .......[maybe I'm unconsciously justifying his large noggin (did I really just say that?!?!)]......BUT....either way, he is AMAZING and he is OURS!!

1 comments:

The Yager Family said...

He really is amazing! And cute!
Short sentences? Really? All Zac is doing is grunting, cave man style...

Post a Comment