Thursday, June 17, 2010

What a Weekend!!

This weekend was a compilation of my favorite things into three amazing days.

The weekend kicked off with the arrival of Geiger (aka Kat, Kathleen, Cahuna, #16), one of my best friends from high-school.  Currently she lives in Hoboken, (which is way too far away), and happened to be in Phx on travel this week....too bad for her since it is June in AZ(!!), but lucky for me since she hopped in a car and drove down to see us Tucsonans!!

Nothing can explain the joy that seeing a childhood friend brings. There was hours of catching up, reminiscing, laughing, boy talk, laughing and more laughing, which is par for the course when we get together.

But this visit was unlike any other because it gave Kat a snapshot of our everyday life, with the love of our life, Ayden. She was simply amazing with him. I adored watching them together.  Ayden took right to her and hopped right into her lap for a bedtime story.

Nothing makes me happier or more thankful than watching those I love, loving on Ayden.

My heart just melted...
Thursday night ended quiet and cuddly.

Friday was a day of laying by the pool, napping (for Kat and Ayden), a few errands, and a message (for kat!!).  In other words....RELAXING!

Saturday started with a BANG.  Well, that's how us morning people would classify it, but for Kat it was perhaps a bit more painful as I gently coaxed her from her comfy bed to go for a run with the French Toast Mafia.  At first, my plan appeared to work so I walked away to let her get ready, only to return to her back in bed, sheets pulled to her chin telling me "Why don't you go and I'll stay here and watch the bed."

- Time for plan B.  I opened the shades while describing how beautiful a day it was and how great she will feel afterward (I think Karen's workout euphoria may have rubbed off). She gripped back, "It is SO HOT HERE!"

- Ok, plan C. I ask her to step outside with me so we could feel just how hot it was...

For those who live in Tucson, you can see where this is going...this weekend was perhaps the most pleasant June weekend I have ever experienced in Tucson.  So, out the front door we walked and into the crisp 60 degree morning air we stepped. If only I had a camera on hand to capture Kat's sheer 'delight' that in fact somehow, the one day since who knows when, that a Tucson summer morning is in the 60s, she tried to use the infamous Tucson heat as an excuse.  Needless to say, Kat went running......and thanked me later.


After the sunrise run and plenty of FTM gossip, home we went to prepare for the first World Cup viewing party of the month (go USA!).

For those of you who might live under a rock.....it's WORLD CUP TIME BABY!!  Nothing big......only the largest sporting event worldwide occurring (sadly) every 4 years.......

The house was filled with good food, cute kiddos and lots of hooligans.  To say it was 'loud' doesn't quite do it justice - just ask poor baby Taylor who was trying to go down for a nap!! (Kudos to Kevin for sticking with it and getting her down!!)

Ayden loved the crowd and the attention (remind you of anyone?) and in fact decided he should host a little concert of his own.  So he pulled out his chair, climbed on up and performed a little number on the guitar for us.



If you couldn't hear the cheering from your house, we tied England 1-1....I'd say a win for the US =)

It was only 2pm, but what a morning it had been.  It was definitely NAP time!  And nap we did....ahhh BLISS!!  [I don't often find time in my schedule for a nap, but having Kat around this past weekend  made me realize how simply spectacular they are and quite necessary.]

When the house rose from its slumber, it was time to say good-bye to Kat =(  Too fast as always. We miss her already!!

From the airport, Ayden J and I headed to Karen's b-day party in the park.  What a BLAST!!  I think there may have been more kids than adults (i have no idea where they all came from!!)  I couldn't help bu think these are the memories and moments these kids will remember forever; surrounded with love, laughter and most importantly open fields to play in (oh and food......really really good food).

Ayden and J found a toy to occupy themselves with.  Of course, Jeremy pushed Ayden all around giggling and screaming. Little did Ayden know, Dad expected him to return the favor....


Is there really any question why I call J 'gazelle legs'??


Ayden quickly tired of pushing Daddy around - or perhaps it was J's cramping hamstring -  (and in case you were wondering when Ayden's infamous ball fetish may come into play)..... he turned his attention to giving his Football a ride.


[Notice he still has the baseball in his hand too......what can I say!]

Lucky for us Gram-e was in attendance as well, and was kind enough to take Ayden home to bed while we enjoyed the remaining festivities of the night.

What an awesome weekend =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment