Monday, April 5, 2010

Grandma-C Visits the Old Pueblo

This past week Ayden had a special visitor....Grandma-C! All the way from NY!!

Ayden had the opportunity to spend a lot of quality time with Grandma-C showing her the ropes of toddlerhood. He asked that I share a few of his rules...

#1....'I'm very busy. Please don't get in my way or by any means try to stop what my mind is set on doing. I'm in constant motion.'



#2.... 'Due to all energy expended following rule #1, I am a ravenous eater. Plastic or not, here I come!! OH and I will decide what food I like this hour. My Tuesday menu doesn't dictate my Wednesday!'



#3...'OUTSIDE!!!! I don't care how many balls you find me in here, I want that one out there. And now that you mention it, I don't see any reason to ever come back inside.......ever. Since you don't seem to understand my english - aka babble - (despite repeating it clearly over and over and over and over again) - I will simply take your hand and lead you to the door.'

#4...'No means Yes, definitely more of that please...enough said'

#5...'I am loud. Not like jammin' to music in your car loud, like entire percussion section of a university marching band in your bedroom loud..........yup, I'm that loud =)'

#6...'I love my Grandma's'


#7...Did I mention I'm busy.......very very very busy....






Ayden had one very special day where he went to the zoo with both grandmas. I was not there to document the occasion (probably for the better), but I hear it went something like this...fooooooood, animal, animal, fooooooooood, animal, animal, foooooooooood.... Talk about seventh heaven.

What a lucky lucky boy to have two awesome - admit-ably both a little crazy!- grandmas =)

We had a wonderful visit with Corinne and I know Ayden will miss his Grandma-C.
(We also hope to see Grandpa Joe SOON!)

2 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

Love this post and, yes, these kids are so lucky to have such involved and loving grandparents! It was nice meeting your mother-in-law over the weekend and the "smartpop" that Ayden was enjoying (at least the box) is my night-time snack these days! I knew there was something I liked about that kid!

The Yager Family said...

Super cute pics and I love his "rules!" So creative and fun to read!

Post a Comment