Friday, April 23, 2010

Thankful

so so so so so very thankful.

Wednesday was my 28th (!!!!!) birthday and it was simply perfect.  Work was unexpectedly quiet so I left a few hours early for some Tessa time. This was not before I was taken out for a wonderful laugh-filled lunch by the O'Hagan sisters. Thank you ladies for being the wonderful/amazing friends you are.

After some mall browsing I returned home to my beautiful little boy and loving mother cooking dinner. [Well, it was more like Ayden eating and playing with the food while Gram-e moved at lightening speed to prepare dinner between Ayden's demands.] I figured the least I could do was take Ayden outside for a walk while mom and Jenna (who came home to help!!) finished the dinner preparations (and a little wine) together.

In the nick of time, J returned home from travel. Whether it was the food or his wife's bday driving the urgency is hard tell ;), but either way, his family was ecstatic to see him and Ayden's angelic giggles filled the house.




Dinner was delicious and complimented by the delightful company of Grandpere and Grandmere (whose 84th bday was the day before!!).  Of course, photos should have been taken, but sadly were not. We were simply too busy laughing, crying at the beautiful cards, reminiscing and talking to think 'photo op!'  (Plus, Ayden was sound asleep in his bed.....and who wants a photo these days without that beaming face?)

The question you have all been pondering.......Yes, we did in fact have World Class Chocolate for dessert. It simply would not have been a Tessa birthday without it. Not to mention, I think Grandpere is just as excited for my birthdays as I am so he too can share in the simply sinful WCC delight - this experience did not disappoint!

A highlight of the day was all the lovely phone calls, texts, emails, cards, facebooking, IMs that inundated every mobile device I own. In fact, by the end of the day both phones were out of batteries, begging me with red bars to give them a rest =)

27 was a wonderful year filled with many firsts, personal challenges and accomplishments and as always, overflowing with friends and family.

Here is to you who made it the fantastic year it was.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment