Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Weekends...they take forever to arrive and a blink to go by. But darn if I don't get a few pictures of the little man in ;)

This past weekend was, per usual, packed to the gills with fun activities and loving friends.

Ayden kicked off the weekend with an ad hoc date with Gram-E on Friday. As Ayden was still a little under the weather, Gram-E was able to pick him up early and give him some much needed down time at home. I too was able to skip out of work early and meet up with them for the perfect start to the weekend......shopping at TARGET!!

I heart this shirt!  and Target ;)  and clearly this little man!

Saturday began, as all Saturday's do these days, with a French Toast Mafia run. Thank you Karen for the new kick-my-butt route. And HUGE shout out to the Rupprechts who pulled it off with Taylor in tow. Now that is inspiration. I, on the other hand, chose to drop Ayden off at my mom's for some play time and a nap.

After breakfast my mom and I took off to Lynnea's bridal shower. What a beautiful event. It has been a while since I was at a bridal shower (everything seems to be about babies these days!), but it brought back some very fond memories of my showers and pre-wedding chaotic, yet fun, filled days. Hard to believe it has almost been five years....where has the time gone??

My favorite part of the shower was the guests. I was not acquainted with too many, but through conversations quickly learned that most were technically not family - despite being called Aunt Rose or Cousin so and so...they were not truly blood relatives. But, they were still family. Lynnea grew up with these people, celebrating holidays, sharing good times and bad. They were her family in the truest sense. And it certainly showed in their faces that they shared the same sentiments. I can't help but smile when I think about all the family (both blood relatives and not) that Jeremy, Ayden and I have all over the world. (Largely located in Tucson...another reason we simply cannot bring ourselves to want to leave any time soon!!).

[Side note - the disappointment of the shower was that I decided NOT to bring Ayden. In hindsight a solid decision on my part, considering all the low hanging fruit ripe for crazy toddler picking at the host's beautiful home]

But I digress...

The day continued with some much needed outdoor family time.




As you avid readers are well aware, my child is not shy about food. You could say he's an eater =)  Funny thing is he enjoys sharing that passion for food with everyone (dogs included).


 My favorite part of this was when poor Erowyn decided that the piece by piece distribution was not cutting it and went in to try and feed herself from the bowl. Her little head was greeted by a very abrupt little boy hand coupled with a frustrated grunt/yell. Though no words were communicated between the toddler and dog, the message was clear...'either you eat what I feed you or you don't eat at all!' Needless to say Erowyn returned to graciously taking the food from Ayden's eager outstretched hand one tiny kernel at a time.



[To answer the question affront all your minds.....No, Ayden has not yet tried the dog food himself - key word, 'YET'!]


Sunday began with a beautiful breakfast at La Paloma with Tata. Ayden was his usual busy busy self. Thankfully we sat outside and he was able to run around the patio and grass with his 'baaa'. I had high hopes of getting some pictures of Ayden and Tata, but clearly the word 'hope' was a good descriptor. you'll just have to take my word...it was simply splendid!

The weekend ended as they always do: a delicious family dinner (care of Gram-e), lots of laughter, a nap for Nana (aka Jenna) and a few of our favorite TIVO'd shows.

Is there a better way to kick off a new week??

1 comments:

The Yager Family said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend! Hope this one is just as good :)

Post a Comment