Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Riley's Do Easter

Or don't.....

We are officially no longer in the running for parents-of-the-year (allow me my delusion that we were ever actually in the running). J and I did absolutely, not one, tiny, little iota of an Easter celebration for Ayden. Despite not discussing it, it was understood that this was to be the calm before the storm.  The last Easter without:
 - eggs rotting somewhere in our house and yard (how can anyone possibly remember where they hid all those eggs???)

 - gobs of fake plastic grass strewn around the house seemingly reproducing like rabbits

 - multi-colored hands for weeks ('dye washes off with water and soap'???? Maybe they mean hydrogen peroxide!!)

And so we quietly let the agreement go unstated that we would relesh in the calm while secretly beginning preparations for next year.

Truth be told, Easter has always been my favorite holiday - seriously! My parents used to do a scavenger hunt every Easter, no matter where we were in the world. My brother and I woke to a note under our pillow....our first brain teaser clue. Which led to another clue, and so on until we each found our baskets. I honestly looked forward to nothing with more excitement than those Easter morning brain teasers. (thanks mom and dad!)

And so, despite our poor showing this year, I promise you the Riley's....WILL....DO....EASTER....!


In other news....

We did have a lovely lunch at Gram-E's with Grandmere and Grandpere. It was the perfect setting. Ayden was once again spoiled by Gram-E with a new Easter toy. (I thought it only fair that he need to solve some clues to get it - aka how to build it - but Gram-E felt otherwise and made me do it for him).

What a toy it is....Ayden is obsessed!  Thanks Gram-E!



For good measure I am adding these photos as well, because it wouldn't be a true Ayden post without some good food gorging shots ;)


That's my boy!!

2 comments:

The Yager Family said...

LOVE the pictures of him eating! Plus, I *think* that's the same bike that Zac has, and he loves it! Fun!

Oh, and what a cool idea for a scavenger hunt, starting with the under-the-pillow clue!

Alexia said...

I am posting my first comment....arent you proud?!

I LOVED the pics of Ayden eating, are we sure he isnt Greek? :)

I am excited for next Easter, maybe we could all do a hunt in a park..then you wont have to worry about eggs in your yard!

Post a Comment