Sunday, July 23, 2017

June 2017 - First Half

June started with a bang at Camas First Fridays.



Followed by yet another Camas festival over the weekend....I honestly cannot remember what it was for there are so many. This one took place at Crown Park and the kids did archery, got their faces painted, mingled with friends, played the necessary random carnival games and rode a bull!




And the next week we finally made it out to the weekly downtown farmers market.


 A few days later I had the pleasure of heading to NYC to celebrate my sister-in-law, Jenna, as the bride-to-be!!


Not the best pic of the city, but the best I could do while driving myself in crazy NY traffic 
(not a recommended maneuver!).


I have no other pictures, and this certainly does not not do her justice, but we had a great time celebrating and showering this beautiful bride-to-be!!!

After the shower festivities I drove to Brooklyn/North Jersey to see three of my dearest dearest friends,  Michelle, Kat and Sara (and their little munchkins).

It's crazy to think I've known Michelle now for 16yrs, Kat for 21 and Sara for......25!!!!!!!

The biggest downer of the trip was only seeing Michelle (aka BB) for a few hours. It was the curse of  public transportation day. I believe it took me something like 3 hours to commute into Brooklyn from Kat's. And then it took poor BB an hour + more than usual to get from the city to Brooklyn. But short or not, it is always fabulous to be together. Certainly not enough time to actually catch up (and I'm sure I monopolized the conversation) but I'm always so overly excited to see my best friends!! In the rush (and heat!!!) we didn't snap even one picture of ourselves. Good thing we have Girls Trip coming up soon!!!!


This is Kat and Adam's little girl Mackenzie.


And Sara and Vera bathing the newest member, William.


Vera being a trooper in our 'extended' drive from Brooklyn to North Jersey.

It is always too short and a little hectic, but seeing these girls overflows my cup. 
I am grateful to walk through life with women such as them.



Again, not the best picture, but one of my favorite views; 
crossing the Columbia River on my way home from PDX airport. 
IT. NEVER. GETS. OLD. 
Seeing the crisp Columbia river with green banks backed by a snow-capped Mt. Hood has the effect of a long full-lunged sigh - you know, one of the ones where you breath out all the worry, concern and baggage we carry around everyday.


While I was gone I received many updates from the crew back home.
Gavin won the most goals award for his soccer team (above).

And below is a shot before they headed off to church.



This month Q learned the freedom that comes with being mobile. But not just any mode will do, Quinn wants to walk, just like her siblings. 


It was a packed first 15 days...but we were just getting started!






0 comments:

Post a Comment