Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Parent Volunteering!

I had the 'pleasure' of chaperoning Gavin's end of year field trip to the zoo. Lets just say it was an experience!! It certainly didn't help that both J and my mom were out of town that week, I was coming down with a sinus infection (i know you're shocked), and it was warm. I say Warm, because honestly it's was nothing like AZ but mid to high 80s for me is now 'hot' :)

I don't have any pictures as my hands were filled with water bottles and tissues! But in the end I got to hang out with some great moms and Gavin was thrilled to have me there...which hands down makes it all worth it!!

No joke though I literally made an apt while on the bus to hit ZoomCare as soon as the field trip was over -- I actually left Gavin at school to take the bus home so I could go.  Mom of the year here - but seriously needed some relief.



Earlier that week I volunteered at field day for the boys. That was quite fun!! I did get stuck working with a 'no-fun' dad, but I just did my thing. It was great to see all their friends and our neighbors - I didn't realize until that day how many kids I actually knew despite my lack of involvement until that week. A little mom guilt lifted ;)

It also solidified just how grateful I am we landed where we did for these kiddos.
This school is awesome. Hands down awesome. And better yet, the kids LOVE IT.


Can you spot the red-head?!?



0 comments:

Post a Comment