Saturday, January 9, 2010

Rub A Dub Dub Ayden's in the Tub

There is little that Ayden loves more than his baths.  Well, any water for that matter.  We've created a fish. A fish with absolutely no fear.  Ayden will stand up in the tub and despite my grip of death, at times he still manages to slip and whip himself around and around.  It is complete chaos and I do all in my power to make sure he doesn't hit his head and he doesn't go under the water (so far so good).  I can only imagine the look on my face, but on on his, there is a cheek to cheek grin.  I can't help but laugh, but deep down I'm thinking my nick name 'bruiser' just might be appropriate and Ayden definitely has his mother's thrill seeking tendencies.

We recently began adding bubbles to the tub.  Thought it might spice it up some. First go around was consumed by Ayden eating the bubbles. He'd grab them with his hands, proudly show me his new found talent and then faster than a bullet shovel it in his mouth, leaving a few stray bubbles on the corners to ensure I knew exactly what had transpired. I assume all kids eat bubbles as some point - what could the harm really be?!?  Thankfully he has all but ceased this behavior and the bubbles are simply another welcome bath time toy.




Perhaps more so for me than him...


But really...who can resist...we ALL have the exact same picture of ourselves. I felt it my duty as a parent to support and continue the unspoken bubble hat tradition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment