Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Uno Poncho Senior?

Tonight while visiting Great Grandmere and Great Grandpere for dinner, Ayden discovered his Mexican roots. I know what you are thinking...Mexican?? Have you seen his translucent skin and almost red hair?? But believe it or not he has a bit of Mexican heritage and wore it proudly
in his homemade poncho.


 


So, why you ask is my child wearing a white and yellow rubber ducky 'poncho'?? I'll tell you why. A HUGE MASSIVE POOPSPLOTION!! This is officially the first, of what I'm sure will be many, posts about the creative things mothers (or fathers for that matter) do when in an unexpected time of desperation.

I consider myself fairly organized and prepared - at least to date - as a mother. And to be fair (or, lets be honest, to point fingers) it was J's responsibility to replenish the diaper bag with a new outfit. Somehow, perhaps a short attention span, only pants got put into the bag.  And thus, we have shirtless Ayden running around his great grandparents house in the middle of January (yes, it does gets chilly in AZ in January). What to do? Take an old receiving blanket cut a hole in it and make the kid a poncho of course!  Worked like a charm.

[For J's sake I won't mention the fact that there were only three wipes in the bag as well......must have been a really good post-season game ;)]

0 comments:

Post a Comment