Thursday, January 7, 2010

To Have More or Not To Have More...

That is not the question =) The burning question is WHEN to have more. I find myself consumed with this question these days. We know we want at least one more, but how do you plan when the whole process is so unpredictable! And I find it hard most days to imagine pulling my 200% attention from Ayden.  As they say you don't have to share your love you simply have twice the love...I think it is one of those 'you have to live it to know it' things.

What is a good age spread? I have always thought 2 years apart would be perfect.  Now that I have one and that timeline is rolling and rolling FAST, I'm feeling the pressure!! The fact that I even mention the word 'Plan' in the same sentence as kids shows that I didn't learn a thing the first time around. Considering our year and half process to get pregnant with Ayden, I should know better than to think you can possibly Plan ANYTHING when it come to having kiddos. But I guess that is the beauty of it all.  You can't plan when you have them because lord knows you cannot plan what happens in the lifetime after you have them!! Its preparation in unpredictability.
Bring it on!

2 comments:

3XMom said...

I have 3 kids - each 26 months apart. (is that the right way to say that?) I think that is a GREAT split. But my first was a girl. I think with a boy first, a little wider split may be better. From my experience, girls bond better with babies than do boys - so having them be a bit older isn't a bad thing. Just my 2 cents! Really - any time is a good time!!!

Gram-e said...

As you know you are 34 months younger than your brother. I think this is a good age difference. When you were born he was able to help, could communicate well, and was potty trained. But remember, whatever the age difference, the time will be right!

Post a Comment