Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ayden Hits the Park

Over the past week, Ayden and I spent a bit of time enjoying the outdoors at some of our local parks. He just LOVES being outside - to which I can't help but think - wahooo =)

One day we went to Ft. Lowell park where we met a little boy named Parker who is the exact same age as Ayden, to the day....only this little boy was about 25% larger than Ayden (I know Mike, amazing huh!). I was flabbergasted too, as I was fairly convinced J and I had created a little giant! Also, Ayden had his first experience of intimidation by another child - lets just say Parker was a little inquisitive about Ayden's eyes, mouth and ears. We are going through that same stage in our house, but J and I don't poke Ayden in the eye when we locate and label 'eye', despite the frequent eye gouging, nose taring, earring ripping treatment we endure from Ayden's labeling! I think he learned first hand the meaning of 'eye for an eye...'

Ayden survived the probing, eyes still intact, and made his way to the swings where we met Great Grandmere and Grandpere. As you can see Ayden thoroughly enjoyed the ride care of Grandpere.




You can also see that I wasn't joking in my last post about him being a little bruiser (granted there is some dirt mixed in here). I swear there are no more bruises than before....they are just more pronounced!



Ayden loved loved loved the swings - a child after my own heart.



Another day we visited Brandy Fenton where Ayden enjoyed climbing around the baby jungle gym. Before taring it up on the playground,we had a lovely (but too brief) visit with Great Grandma Joanne.

Ayden took the challenge head on!
Determination
My little driver!


Already going against the grain...



Briefly, we moved to the big kids playground. 
A few more years Ayden!!

These are the days I could live in forever....

1 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

He is too cute! We love that Shyla loves being outside too!

Post a Comment