Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tribute to a Friend

Man's best friend that is.  This past Sunday I had one of the toughest experiences to date. My mother and I had to put Camille (our standard poodle) to sleep. It was sudden but at the same time not a surprise. Camille would be 14 in May and had lived a wonderful long life. She was a present to me 14 years ago from my doting parents. When I went to college, Camille stepped into the role of companion and friend for my mom.  She and my mom have been through a lot together. I cannot thank Camille enough for being there when I couldn't. She was there for my mom to lean on when days got hard and always there to jump in circles when you needed a smile. She was a quirky, kind, gentle dog and she will be sorely missed.

As my mom said, she was crazy as the day is long, but just as sweet as can be.

4 comments:

Gram-e said...

Thank you Tessa for your tribute and for joining me last Sunday as we said our farewells to Camille. The house is so quiet without her. And no one to jump up and greet me when I return home. I imagine it will be a while before I do not look for her under my feet, or where her beds were, or her dog food, or go to the doggie cookie jar to give her a treat as I did every time I left her. God blessed me with her companionship and love. May you all be so blessed! Love, Mom

The Yager Family said...

I'm so sorry for your loss... boy you really are going through a rough patch right now, aren't you? Hang in there!

Vivi DiLopes Adams said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Kendra Forgacs said...

It is so hard to say good-bye to a good dog. I'm so sorry. Just remember, all dogs go to heaven where they don't need leashes for walks and their are biscuits around every corner.

Post a Comment