Thursday, March 4, 2010

I've Cracked The Code!

Shhhh....

Come here...

Be very very quiet.....

I've cracked the code and I'm willing to share it with you.....but I'm only going to say it once, so LISTEN UP!

The secret to having it all (a career, a family, a marriage) is bringing it ALL with you.

I am writing to you from Ponte Vedra, Florida where I am stuck in a Program Management Review all day/week with customers from all over the world. But, unlike my usual travels, this time I have my two main men across the street (no, not David Beckham and Brad Pitt)

I am there when Ayden wakes up to prepare and dress him for the day. I am there to play with him after his breakfast and during my break. I am there to rock him to sleep for his two naps. I am there to take him to dinner, read him books and put him down for the night. And finally, I am here to cuddle into bed with my husband at the end of a very long day.

I believe BLISS is the word you are looking for.

And that would be accurate. As you can see, despite the crummy cold weather, we have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
Swimmies on...check! (is this kid happy or what!)
Board shorts on.....check!

The process of getting ready to swim lasted a WHOLE lot longer than the swim. The pools were heated - but anything outside the pool got frost bite in minutes! Can't say we didn't give it a valiant effort.

 (What is daddy doing back there??)
 (Oh!...Oh boy I see now!!)
(Well since I'm up here I might as well check out these cool red rocks....
wonder how they taste. The logical first question anyone would ask.)
 As any good son would, Ayden decided J might like to taste the red rocks too.

I have NO IDEA SIR why all the flowers are missing their petals....
No guilty looking boys around here!!


After this fantastically successful work and personal week, I am bound and determined to find Jeremy a position where he can work from anywhere and a nanny that is willing to travel with us (hint hint Gram-E!!!!!).

[While I'm at it, I should probably throw in the funds to actually be able to do this all the time too!!]

So perhaps I haven't cracked anything except the piggy bank, but hey  -- a girl can dream can't she!

2 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

You are one lucky lady with a beautiful family!

The Yager Family said...

That sounds wonderful - glad you are having a good time!

Post a Comment