Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Great American Pastime

Yea, sure... baseball....but really, spending time with my family and friends - my favorite pastime!!

[Before moving on I must take this opportunity to disagree with Americans everywhere....baseball?? Really?? Is that the best we can do?? Could it be ANY slower or longer?? Just want to point out that the rest of the world rightfully votes for Soccer (Futbol)]

That aside, when I came home from the long days in DC I drove directly to a spring training game where my favorite boys were waiting and our best friends (and parents to be as we speak!) the Rupprechts.  What a perfect welcome home!! I have to admit I didn't see one play of the game - I was too enraptured with my son and chatting with Candice - the important things in life!

This was Ayden's first baseball game and lets just say I don't think I was the only one who didn't see one play of the game - I think this kid has a leg up on the energizer bunny, and it is quite possible that independent is his middle name.


Fav Moments of the day:

a) Ayden's enthusiasm for kettle corn (his first experience) made mom and dad proud - or maybe just mom
b) Ayden got his first real baseball cap - Dad thought it was too large and wanted to buy the infant hat...only to learn that in fact Ayden needed it on the THIRD hole for it to fit on his brain-filled noggin.
c) Ayden has an uncanny ability to eat while doing just about everything- walking, talking, climbing stairs, banging on mommy's head, dancing

(Notice the PB sandwich in hand and the PB all over the face!!) - *sigh*...so proud!

d) Ayden has zero interest in baseball - made mom and dad proud ;) (just kidding Kev!!)
e) Ayden loves to dance (nothing new!) - he was the hit of the bleachers with every blaring of a stereotypical baseball theme - this kid has rhythm





As usual Ayden had our bleacher section watching him rather than the game. Who can blame them...cute just doesn't do him justice!


Apparently we have a protege drummer (aka head banger - literally).




If America's Favorite Pastime always includes MY favorite past time....then by all means..."Take me out to the ball game"!!!

2 comments:

Kendra Forgacs said...

Ahhh...spring training! One of my favorite times of year! Shyla is attending her first game on Saturday. Look for a blog-post about it that afternoon. She comes from a HUGE baseball family (on my side, not Stevie's...he had a turquoise glove...but that's another story for another day). Can I just tell you that those pictures of your little man (aka Shyla's boyfriend) are adorable! And, KETTLE CORN!!! Yes!! You are so right, these are the important things in life! Oh, and huge congrats to Candice and her husband!

Gram-e said...

Yep got to agree baseball is soooo slow. Soccer gets my vote. But these pics are too cute.

Post a Comment